Sunday, July 1, 2012

Everyone Seems to Like "My Balls"...


Confession:  "My Balls" are not "My Balls";  I discovered "My Ball"  recipe while paroosing Pinterest.  "No Bake Energy Balls" is the official recipe title and they are not only yummy but healthy and easy peasy to toss in a bowl and roll up.  I've tweaked the original recipe in order to suit my family; you can tweak too.


 


1 c. Organic Oatmeal (dry)
1/2 c. Organic Almond Butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 c. Local Honey
1 c. Natural Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 c. Whole Organic Flaxseeds (you can grind them if you'd like)
1/2 c. Dark European Chocolate chipped/chopped (not shaved!)
1 tsp. High Quality Vanilla

Optional: Protein Powder, Goji Berries, Dried Fruits (the sky is the limit here guys)

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated; personally I just toss it into the Kitchen Aid and mix.  Cover and place into the refrigerator for at least a half an hour.  

Then, roll into balls.  

Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. 

Makes 24 balls: 110 calories, 13 carbs, 6 grams of fat, and 2 grams of protein. 


No comments:

Post a Comment